Social Security Benefit Statement (SSA-1099 Form)

SSA 1099
Every year in January, the Social Security Administration mails the SSA-1099 form to individuals who receive Social Security benefits. This form shows the total amount of Social Security benefits received so that you know how much Social Security income to report on your tax return.
If you live in the United States and need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are a few ways you can receive an instant replacement, beginning February 1st:
  • Use your online my Social Security account. You can create an account if you do not already have one: Sign In or Create an Account. Once logged in, click on the “Replacement Documents” tab;
  • Call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213
  • Contact your local Social Security office. Find your local office by clicking here.
(Note: The SSA-1099 form is not available for individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) because SSI payments are not taxable and do not need to be reported in your income.)

Comments are closed